Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Transcendent Thinking from a Biblical Perspective

One of the major flaws of transcendentalism was the rejection of organized religion in favor of the spiritual aspects that are inherent in mankind. Actually there were many flaws with transcendentalism. There is not a flaw with transcendent thinking, however.

I have this idea that I have been wanting to dive into for the past few weeks. I want to explore it and see if I can come up with a suitable cohesive theory. The idea is simple: that life is meant to be viewed in terms of the eternal rather than the temporal. The eternal life is where all of humanity is headed...so why get caught up in the never ending malaise of everydayness?

I am going to spend some time with this...and I have already received a bit of feedback on the external concept already. I do not intend on becoming one of those people who are so eternally minded that they cannot even enjoy life. We are meant to enjoy life in God, yet at the same time we cannot think about God without thinking of His eternal qualities and the gift of eternal life which he offers. Thus, even our enjoyment of what good is left after the fall of man is based upon presuppositions of eternality.

More to come on this subject when I get the time to research it. I fully plan on diving into this topic headfirst next semester, after I get away from institution for a while. This will involve much research, but it is something that I want to do just because I can do it.

Any comments?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home