Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Adventures in Spain

First of all, let me say this before I go any further: Jet Lag is very awful. We arrived in Madrid at about 9:00 am, Tuesday (Madrid time. For the US time, subtract 7 hours from that.). My family kept me awake the whole day to help with the lag, so that meant fighting to stay up after a sleepless 7 and 1/2 hour trip on a packed out 7 passenger plane. I'm not sure why I can't sleep on planes too well, just can't.

After sleeping for 14 hours last night, we woke up and went back into the city. Most people walk around here, it's great! You see very few overweight/obese people and that is more than likely the case. Not only do people walk, the food is a great deal more healthy as a general rule. It's delicious too :)

Life is simple, and it's a joy to just get out and see how people spend time here. Most of them hang out with their friends talking, shopping in the hundreds of little shops, drinking coffee in cafes, etc.

We are taking the train into Madrid tomorrow, and I am going to take lots of pictures with my sister's digital camera (a Canon Rebel...mmmm). The best ones will end up on my photoblog. We hope to visit the Prado while in town as well, and art is always a pleasure.

Bad thing that happened today: my electric razor burnt its motor up. Great.

Good thing I've found out so far: Coke with lemon is a great combonation.

more to come later this week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home