Monday, November 14, 2005

random acts of kindness

Kindness goes a long way in a world that is unloving. If society constantly fed us images of people giving just to make other people feel special...instead of images of people buying things to make themselves feel special...then things might start making sense in people's minds.

I've found perhaps a new favorite quote, but it's just one of many. It's at the end of the post. Tuesdays with Morrie is great, but I don't agree with his religious views (obviously enough if you know me at all.) I do believe that there are good things in every religion...like he did...but I have found that Christianity is the only true religion.

Here's the quote though:

"...if you're trying to show off for people at the top, forget it. They will look down on you anyhow. And if you're trying to show off for people at the bottom, forget it. They will only envy you. Status will get you nowhere."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home